Monday, March 25, 2013

The miracle of money


I will tell this story, not as I heard it, but as I felt it, because it really impressed me.

It is the story of a friend, and it is full of wonder and faith.

There is nothing better than being happy for the good that someone else lives. I don’t know if you have noticed it, but when we are happy for someone else’s wellbeing, when we do not envy their good fortune, then we are given countless blessings, we are happy with them and we feel close to God.

My friend was married, worked and apparently was doing well,. But in reality he was not. He worked away from home and could only visit his wife every fortnight.

I imagine these meetings, at first, full of passion and joy.

“Hello my love, it is so good that you came - and then, hugs, kisses, meals; and before leaving, more hugs and passionate kisses.

But distance and time were becoming a burden and gradually came boredom and discomfort.

“What's this?” - Asked my friend, in one of his visits.

“What do you mean what´s this?” said his wife, “of course they are fried eggs.”

“But I do not like eggs fried, I like them scrambled.”

To which followed a discussion that included topics such as I am not your slave. I break my back working for you and similar things.

In short, the marriage died for mutual remoteness and neglect.

But my friend did not overcome that so easily. He is very spiritual and always believed that marriage was forever. One might wonder if what he had was a marriage. They married very young, had no maturity, training or experience for it, and in the end did not share together.

So, after that experience, my friend became a missionary in a distant country.

And you know what? He felt happy for the first time in his life.
The daily presence of God in his life, the prayers, the contact with nature in a remote location added to his spiritual and mental health, something that he thought he had lost.

For a while he thought he had found the solution in his life, so he told his family.

“I am going to stay here” he told them “ I am going to work as a missionary and spread the word of God.”

Well no. His family was crumbling and needed him, they asked him to return.

Being a missionary is not something that leaves you a lot of money. My friend did not have a penny, only faith.

“What do I do Lord?”  he asked, but there was no answer.

Until one day he decided to be bold. And he spoke to God thus:

“Lord, I am happy here, but I do not know which your final designs are. If you want me to do something different, please let me know. Let me put it this way. I have no money to make the trip back to my family. But if you want me back, give me the money.

My friend made this request in a persistent daily prayer. He accepted the words of Jesus who said we should ask and ask tirelessly.

“I have no money to make the trip back to my family home. But if you want me back, give me the money.”

Day after day, again and again, he asked and asked.

He was almost convinced that God wanted him as a missionary, because the money did not come.
Until one day, in a communal prayer of the members of the mission, the leader, stood at the end of the service and asked:

“Is there anyone among you who is praying for money?”

There was silence in the room, but after a while, my friend raised his hand and accepted that he was the one doing such thing. When asked why, he explained the situation.

And then came the extraordinary.

The group leader said:

“A few days ago a lady was here and asked to see me. She said that in recent days she had felt that someone was praying here in the mission, because he needed to go home. I know you have no money, so I came to give it to you.”

So without any conditions for its use, without restrictions, just like a miracle, the money my friend was asking for, appeared.
And my friend returned home and went back to a job where he did well, convinced this time that he was in the right direction, because that is what God had told him.

Remember, if you want God and the Virgin to respond to your prayers, pray without weariness.

And if you want to read more about miracles:

http://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-Mary-Miracle-Miracles-ebook/dp/B00A2ZVY7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment