Thursday, March 14, 2013

What I think of the new Pope

All News, commentators and people in general, are talking about the new Pope Francis I, of course, he is a public figure and the leader of all Catholics.

And that's where my thoughts begin on this subject. The cardinals who chose him, priests, religious men and women have to obey and accept his leadership.

What I have heard so far is favorable, but now the new pope has to be known by his words and, above all, by his actions, so that the leadership appointed to him turns into one he earns and the people around him, the Catholic people who do not know him and also the rest of the world, look at, accept and respect the authority entrusted to him.

The work that awaits him is not easy and therefore he did well to ask the people in St. Peter's Square to pray for him. God'a guidance is the only one that counts iin his new and difficult position.

Besides that, I have to congratulate him for his gesture in asking the help of someone I love deeply, our Holy Virgin Mary, the Mater who cares, guides and loves us without restriction. That's one of the actions that makes me feel that his choice was well directed.

Dear father, as you liked to be called, I hope that Jesus and the Blessed Mother guide the work that awaits you, leading the church and keeping the faith in a modern and different world that God has allowed to continue to change and evolve as we must do.

We wish you well and we trust you will do your best

No comments:

Post a Comment