Sunday, August 4, 2013

She knows my name

I was talking to a guy about my most recent blog in Spanish telling him that I do not believe that TV preachers and protestants in general have a monopoly on happiness. He insisted on telling me that Catholics are too negative and the only merit they see lies on suffering like Christ on the cross.

Well, like St. Peter said once, I am not even worthy of being on a cross like the Lord, but taking that aside, I do not agree with the unhappiness mentality. 

Put a smile on your face
A Marian sister from the Schoenstatt movement once told me that she was walking around doing her chores in the house, but for some reason, she was in a bad mood and it showed on her face. Another sister saw her, perhaps a bit more experienced and told her: "dear, the Schoenstatt sisters carry their burdens on their backs, not on their faces, smile". She did.

When I think of that, I can't help but smile myself, it is so true. Then I look at the photos of our founder, Father Kentenich, and see his beautiful smile. And believe me, he underwent his share of suffering, three years in a nazi concentration camp and then 14 years in exile from his beloved Shrine, and still, he smiled.

His secret
Simple, one name: Mary.
She knew him, his dedication, his love and that he had signed a covenant with Her, to work and spread the love of God through her, everywhere. And in exchange, She took great care of him and gave him many reasons to smile.

I do not know what may be troubling you right now, but if you want to smile and feel that there is a way, go to Her and make a covenant, a simple one: Virgin Mary, you tell your Son to help me and tell me how to find and apply solutions to my situation and I will love you and work with God in my heart. Or whatever you want to say, She will listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment